Fully-customizable 10-Day Scotland Whisky and Islay Itinerary
This is only an example of a whisky holiday package in Scotland & Islay. Our luxury tours are entirely tailor-made to suit visitors' preferences and can be shorter or longer depending on their needs. Please contact us to design your own bespoke whisky tour.
Days 1-2: Edinburgh
Half-day private walking tour around Edinburgh.
- Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence in Scotland of Her Majesty the Queen and was once home to Mary Queen of Scots.
- Walk down the Royal Mile and The Grassmarket, which retains the feel of a medieval market square.
- Visit Edinburgh Castle and see the Scottish Crown Jewels and the Stone of Destiny in the Castle's Royal Apartments.
- Upon leaving, stroll round the cobbled streets for spectacular views of the castle.
- On your own, tour the Royal Yacht Britannia to learn about the history of Royal Yachts and view displays and historical photographs of Britannia's fascinating past.
- Overnight at the Balmoral Hotel, a prestigious accommodation famous for its address and glamour
Day 3: Edinburgh to Loch Lomond
Visit Stirling Castle & Glengoyne Distillery, where you can create your own Glengoyne Highland Single Malt.
- Taste the Glengoyne 12-Year-Old and take part in an incredibly in-depth tour of the distillery – a chance for our guides to really share their knowledge.
- Overnight at Cameron House, a world-class resort and spa in Loch Lomond
Day 4: Loch Lomond
This morning, enjoy a private seaplane tour, taking in the spectacular rugged scenery and the coastal islands of the west.
- Look out for Toward Castle with its fascinating Second World War history and the 12th century Rothesay Castle with its moat and drawbridge. Private seaplane tour around the Isle of Bute, Loch Fyne, Cowal Peninsula, Minard Castle, Toward Castle, Rothesay Castle, and more.
- After lunch take control of your own exciting Segway and take a ride around the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park.
- Overnight at Cameron House
Day 5: Tour to Fort William
Fort William is the most important town in Scotland south of Inverness, west of Stirling, and north of Glasgow.
- Visit to the West Highland Museum in the centre of the town.
- Stop at Glenfinnan Station for a coffee - this is the Hogwarts Express line of Harry Potter's fame.
- This afternoon, enjoy a wildlife & scenic tour in a 4x4, where you will be taken through Achnacarry estate.
- We can also arrange a camera stalking tour on which you will be taken up the hill in an Argo, then walk the ridges until some deer are spotted.
- Overnight Inverlochy Castle, the finest castle hotel in Scotland.
Day 6: Explore the Isle of Skye
Explore the Isle of Skye and the very scenic road to the Isles through Maillaig.
- Talisker Distillery for lunch in The Old Inn, followed by a private whisky tour and tasting. The only distillery on the Isle of Skye, it is set on the shores of Loch Harport with dramatic views of the Cuillins.
- On the shore of Loch Long, you find the tiny settlement of Dornie with nearby Eilean Donan Castle: one of Scotland's three most photographed castles (with Stirling Castle and Edinburgh Castle).
- Overnight at Inverlochy Castle.
Day 7: Islay
Transfer from Fort William to Islay Airport.
- Stay at The Harbour Inn and Restaurant located in the heart of the charming and legendary Bowmore Estate on the beautiful Hebridean Island of Islay.
Days 8-9: Islay and Distilleries
Two full days to explore empty beaches, whitewashed villages, ancient sites, the Kildalton Cross, medieval strongholds, fresh seafood, local wildlife and traditional cultures.
- Take a pick from the 8 world-class distilleries on Islay -or visit them all!
- Our Tip: Laphroaig Distillery—a beautifully situated distillery in the south of Islay and is one of the three "Kildalton Distilleries".
- Overnight at the Harbour Inn
Day 10: Glasgow
Private transfer from the cottage to Islay airport and fly to Glasgow. Depart from Glasgow Airport to return home.
For the fully-detailed itinerary of this trip, including suggested accommodation and prices, please contact us directly.