Your private guide will pick you up from your hotel in Strasbourg and drive you to Baden-Baden and the Black Forest for the day.
Marvel at the charm of the city, walk on the steps of famous artists who made Baden-Baden their holiday resort, and admire breathtaking views from the Black Forest mountains.
We will visit:
Baden-Baden. Depending on your specific interests and wishes, you will be able to visit some of the following points of interest:
- The famous museums: the Frieder Burda museum, the Brahms museum, the Fabergé museum, the Roman bath ruins, etc.
- The casino of Baden Baden, “the world’s most beautiful casino” as described by Marlene Dietrich.
- At the Caracalla Spa, or at the Roman-Irish bath of Friedrichsbad, why not enjoy hours of relaxation in the wonderful world of Baden-Baden’s thermal baths!
- You can also enjoy a ride on Europe’s steepest, and most technically advanced, funicular railway. In little over 5 minutes, and after negotiating inclines of between 23% and 54%, and a difference in altitude of 1,214 feet, you will have reached your target and enjoy breathtaking views over Baden Baden and the Black Forest.
We will drive on the Schwarzwaldhochstrasse, also called the B500, the famous high altitude panoramic road which offers stunning views, at altitudes of 800 to 1000 meters (2600-3300 feet).
We will stop at Mummelsee, one of the seven glacial lakes in the Black Forest, at an altitude of 1036 meters (3400 feet).
Alternative: drive to the Titisee Lake.
- Enjoy strolling on the beautiful 350 year-old Lichtentaler Allee, along the Oss river, as well as in the old city.
- Have lunch at a restaurant serving local specialties and wines from the Bade region.
- Drive on the Schwarzwaldhochstrasse, the famous high altitude panoramic road!