Your private guide will pick you up from your hotel in Strasbourg to drive you down the Alsace Wine Route for the day. Marvel at the beauty and diversity of the landscape, stroll through picturesque villages surrounded by vineyards, and admire the traditional half-timbered houses and their balconies overflowing with flowers.
We will visit:
· Obernai, a charming medieval town.
· Boersch, home to the renowned Spindler’s wood marquetry, a famous symbol of arts & crafts in Alsace. Jean-Charles Spindler, the 3rd generation of this family of artists, will open the doors of his private little museum just for you.
· Mittelbergheim, a superb village with a characteristic Renaissance style architecture, ranked among the ‘Most Beautiful Villages of France’.
· Riquewihr, the gem of the Alsace Wine Route and another one of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages of France’ with its houses dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries.
· Colmar, the Alsatian wine capital. Discover the Little Venice area, its historical and architectural heritage; the New Unterlinden Museum, located in a former Dominican convent home to one of the most famous European art masterpieces from the Middle Ages, the Isenheim Altarpiece dating from 1512-1516.
· Do a wine tasting at a reputed winery with the owner himself, who will meet you in his cellar from the 17th century.
· Taste some of the wines that have contributed to making Alsace one of the world’s premier wine regions thanks to the combination of its rich soil and generations of winemaking skills.
· Have lunch at a typical and authentic restaurant on the Strasbourg wine routes. Discover the local cuisine at a reputed winstub, an Alsatian tavern that serves specialties such as choucroute (sauerkraut), baeckoeffe, spaetzle, foie gras, kougelhopf, flammekueche, gingerbread…
Duration of the tour: from 8 to 9 hours
Please note that this tour is merely a suggestion of what we can organize for you. We will tailor-make the Alsace and Strasbourg wine tours for you entirely, based on your preferences and needs.