Your private guide will pick you up from your hotel in Strasbourg to drive you down the Alsace Wine Route for the day. Marvel at the beauty and diversity of the landscape, stroll through picturesque villages surrounded by vineyards, visit the Haut-Koenigsbourg castle, and admire the traditional half-timbered houses and their balconies overflowing with flowers.
We will visit:
- The Haut-Koenigsbourg castle. An optional private guided tour (to be booked in advance) will allow you to become more familiar with the castle architecture, the Middle-Ages and the early 20th century restoration.
- Colmar, the Alsatian wine capital. Discover the Little Venice area, its historical and architectural heritage; the New Unterlinden Museum, located in a former Dominican convent home to one of the most famous European art masterpieces from the Middle Ages, the Isenheim Altarpiece dating from 1512-1516.
- Eguisheim, ranked among the ‘Most Beautiful Villages of France’, is wrapped in concentric circles around its castle. It is the cradle of the Alsatian vineyard.
- Do a wine tasting at a reputed winery with the owner himself
- Taste some of the wines that have contributed to making Alsace one of the world’s premier wine regions thanks to the combination of its rich soil and generations of winemaking skills.
- Have lunch at a typical and authentic restaurant on the Wine Route. Discover the local cuisine at a reputed winstub, an Alsatian tavern that serves specialties such as choucroute (sauerkraut), baeckoeffe, spaetzle, foie gras, kougelhopf, flammekueche, gingerbread…
Duration of the tour: from 8 to 9 hours
Please note that this tour is merely a suggestion of what we can organize for you. We will tailor-make the Alsace tour for you entirely, based on your preferences and needs