Discover the Côte de Beaune
Welcome to the historic vineyards of Burgundy and their "climats", which were granted World Heritage Site status in 2015. Situated in eastern France, some of the most renowned red and white wines are produced here from the famous Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. Burgundy is a very intricate winegrowing region; the Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits wine regions in particular, are made up of over a thousand pocket-sized "climats", each with its very own specificities.
- Visit Domaine Prosper Maufoux in Santenay and enjoy a glass of crémant (sparkling wine)
- Discover the gems from Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits in a mansion on the main square of Santenay that houses two floors of cellars, the oldest of which dates back to the 15th century.
- Stroll in the vineyards and learn about winegrowing, the classification of the appellations, the terroir and climates that typify Burgundy and its wines, and discover the delights of the charming village.
- Visit a 15th century vaulted cellar and indulge in a traditional Burgundian mâchon (a mix of regional charcuterie and cheeses).
- Enjoy a wonderful tasting of 8 wines from Burgundy and learn about the 4 regional classifications: - Regional wine - Village wine - Premier Cru - Grand Cru
- Take part in a guided tour of a Crémant de Bourgogne production facility to understand the winemaking process of these sparkling wines -from grape to bottle. End your visit with a tasting of 3 crémants.