Fully-customizable 7-day Scotland Castles and Whisky Itinerary
Day 1: Inverness
Arrive at the gateway to Scotland’s whisky trail.
- Overnight at a boutique hotel and restaurant offering you wonderful luxury.
Day 2: Malt Whisky Trail
Located in the most picturesque of settings, which weaves among the woods and glens of the Spey Valley.
- Learn about the process of whisky-making and enjoy a tasting at one of the most famous distilleries
Day 3: Culloden, Loch Ness and Fort William
Visit the scene of the Highlanders' last stand at the Battle of Culloden
- On the shore of the legendary Loch Ness, home to the elusive monster, stop and view the ruins of Urquhart Castle
- Join the Great Glen Way and stop at Fort August for great views of Loch Ness
- Stay overnight at on of Scotland’s finest castle hotels
Day 4: South of Isle of Skye
A full-day tour through the most iconic parts of the Western Highlands taking the “Road to the Isles”
- Take a ferry to the Isle of Skye and see the ruins of Armadale Castle and its wonderful landscaped gardens, before moving on to the small village of Broadford
- Visit the local distillery Distillery on the way to the impressive Dunvegan Castle, home of the Clan McLeod
Day 5: Glen Nevis, Kilchum Castle, and Glen Coe
Breathtakingly beautiful countryside and castles through Glen Nevis, the setting for the movie Braveheart, and Britain’s highest mountain Ben Nevis.
- Continue through the breathtakingly beautiful Glen Coe, scene of the famous massacre of 1692
- Stop at Kilchurn Castle, historically a Campbell stronghold for 400 years, abandoned in the 18th century and damaged when hit by lightning
- Pass into the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park and into Rob Roy country
- Overnight at a stunning mansion hotel
Day 6: Glamis Castle
Tour a living, breathing monument to Scottish heritage which is the family home of the Earls of Strathmore and Kinghorne, the legendary setting for Shakespeare's Macbeth, the childhood home of HM Queen Elizabeth, and the birthplace of Princess Margaret.
- See the Castle's turrets and towers nestled at the end of the mile-long drive, you can't fail to be impressed by its majesty
- Back at your hotel, enjoy onsite activities such as fishing on the loch, archery, and falconry.
Day 7: Edinburgh
4-hour walking tour around Edinburgh including the following:
- Visit to the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence in Scotland of Her Majesty the Queen
- Walking the Royal Mile
- Edinburgh Castle, Scotland's top visitor attraction stands high upon an extinct volcano
- See the Scottish Crown Jewels and Stone of Destiny in the Castle's Royal Apartments
- Overnight at one of the city’s most iconic five star hotels.
Day 8: Departure
Private transfer to Edinburgh Airport from the Balmoral.
For the fully-detailed itinerary of this trip, including suggested accommodation and prices, please contact us directly.