Scottish Islands Adventure
- After your arrival into Scotland you will travel to the luxury 5-Star castle hotel in Ayrshire. Glenapp castle is a hidden gem, a place to be inspired, reflect and recharge. Here you will feel at home whether you are travelling in a party on or on your own.
- You will be provided with an outstanding level of service with true attention to detail. Not only has great beauty in its interior but also in the breath-taking gardens and the seascapes that surround that castle. You can enjoy the magnificent scenery that is provided at Glenapp Castle as well as taking pleasure in the fine dining at the Castle’s award winning restaurant. Hereyou will experience fine dining at the excellent award winning restaurant. Whether catching up with friends or having a romantic dinner the Glenapp team are known to make your experience memorable.
- On your second day you will travel to the Isle of Arran where you will be staying in the luxury hotel Auchrannie Resort in the Spa Resort. There is a range accommodation options to suit your needs and size group.
- You are spoilt for choice at the Auchrannie with three distinct dining experiences: Cruize Bar Brasserie, Brambles Seafood and Grill and Eighteen69. Each offering freshly prepared food, made from the best locally sourced ingredients During the stay here you can take advantage of the multiple leisure facilities, a Pamper day in the spa or go explore the beautiful place that is the Isle of Arran.
- On the third day you will be taken on a private Rib tour to Tarbert. This allows you to take a trip on the powerboat and learn about the wildlife, geology and history that comes with this area. After this experience you will be travelling on a ferry to Isle of Islay to stay at one of the few luxury accommodations on the island.
- There will be two accommodation options for your stay in Islay depending on your preference and availability. The first option would be at The Glenegedale House. The house has a prominent position with breathtaking views over the Mull of Oa and out to the Atlantic. It boasts four individually designed, en-suite bedrooms which contains roaring fires and beautiful antiques.
- Islay House is the additional option for your stay. The house has ornate lawns and stunning sea views which offers retreat quite unlike anywhere else. It is steeped in tradition, yet equipped with all the latest modern conveniences. All the rooms have beautiful sea views over the spectacular grounds. You will be able to relax in the luxurious rooms that are offered in this spectacular location.
- Islay is home to some of Scotland’s most renowned whiskies, drink in the beautiful scenery and visit some of these iconic sites which include:
- Lagavulain, Ardbeg, Laphroig (all close together on the south of the Island) are the most powerful, medium-bodied whiskies, distinctively renowned for their smoky character derived from peat, considered a main characteristic of the Islay malts.
- Bunnahabhain, Ardnahoe (both on the north of the Island).
- Ardnahoe The newest of the famed Islay Distilleries, Ardnahoe is nestled in between Coal Ila and Bunnahabhain on the banks of the Island with spectacular views over to the Paps of Jura.
- You may also wish to visit Bowmore (central Islay) which is located on the shore of Loch Indaal.
- After the stay on the Isle of Islay you will be collected by helicopter to then fly to Glencoe whilst taking in the views on your journey. After landing you will then be picked up and taken to the luxury 5 star Glencoe house a magnificent mansion situated in the Highlands of Scotland.
- The Glencoe area offers numerous activities for you to partake in as well as the breathtaking views of Loch Leven. The House also offers a range of food and beverages to suit your mood as well as seasonal menus with locally sourced ingredients.
Day 6 & 7
- You will then continue your journey through Scotland to the Kinloch Lodge which is situated in the Isle of Skye. With the Isle of Skye often described as one of the most impressive places on earth guests can enjoy the relaxed comfort of the highland hospitality and leave with an unforgettable experience.
- It is a historic destination hotel and world renowned restaurant on the Isle of Sky which is on the north west coast of Scotland. With an overnight stay in the luxury hotel in Skye Kinloch Lodge and a cooking experience with Michelin Star chef Marcello Tully.
- During your 2 night stay in the Isle Of Skye you are provided with many spectacular locations to visit. You will be taken to visit the famous Kilt Rock, the Old Man of Storr, to see the crystal clear water of Fairy Pools, Portree and then finally Forss House Hotel.
You will then travel by ferry to the archipelago which is Orkney. The Islands encompasses numerous neolithic sites which you have the privilege to be taken on private tour of Orkney. You will spend a further night at Forss House Hotel recuperating before your departure from your Scotland Islands Adventure tour.
A Lang Atholl Experience representative will assist and transport you to your chosen departure location