Day 1 - Moon Mountain & Spring Mountain, Napa Valley.
· Begin with Bordeaux style wines from vineyards on Moon Mountain, shaped by volcanic forces millions of years ago. Following a private ATV tour of mountain grown vineyards, this exciting experience continues with a cellar tour with barrel samples of this renowned wine. Back in the tasting salon, Cabernet Sauvignon Blends and Single Vineyard Merlot and Cabernet Franc will be paired with local cheeses.
· The tasting room of the next winery mixes art posters from 1920s Paris with wild-west themed bronzes and vintage furniture, while its outdoor terrace is an inviting place to relax and overlook Sonoma Valley, while enjoying a tailor-made picnic and a glass of the estate’s wines.
· The day ends at a highly acclaimed vineyard property perched on the summit of Spring Mountain, with the possibility of a walk in the vineyards, a tasting of several vintages and the chance to acquire wait-listed wines.
Day 2 - Sonoma’s Northern wine region of Knights Valley and Dry Creek.
· Spend the morning at an historic property and legendary vineyard. Hear the story, ranging from a colorful 1870s captain, to boom and bust land development and chance encounters leading to the rebirth of the wine industry.
· At midday, experience a small family-owned winery in the Dry Creek Valley which has carved out a niche as a producer of completely hand-crafted, impeccably balanced wines. Some of the more complex and expressive examples would be served with alongside a 5-course lunch prepared by the on-site chef.
· During the afternoon, discover the diversity of Sonoma Country in a private vineyard estate setting, where soils, aspects and microclimates in the mountain hillside vary dramatically from one parcel of vineyard to another.
Day 3 – Napa Valley
· Start the day with an historic tour of pre-prohibition wine cellars. Here, the second generation of the family helm the winery and the winemaker's passion for constant refinement of vineyard sources and winemaking techniques is captured in every bottle.
· Prepare lunch during a private cooking class at midday with a local chef, in their state-of-the-art kitchen perched on Howell Mountain, and enjoy a 4-course meal with wine.
· Visit a third generation Napa farmer boutique winery in Oakville, offering a private tasting experience on a traditional Napa farm with a tasting featuring their organically farmed, native yeast and barrel fermented Sauvignon Blanc. Round out the afternoon with a mud bath at the hot springs of Calistoga.
Get all our exclusive travel inspiration and tour packages straight to your inbox!