One day wine tour though Russian River’s hidden gems.
This one day experience will focus on Russian River’s top boutique producers and the wines that have put them on the map. You will learn about soils, microclimates and clones that make this a California wine destination for collectors and wine lovers.
- Start your morning with a private coach service picking you up at your door. The chauffeur is one of my hand selected Sonoma's history and topography specialist.
- He swiftly takes you through the redwoods of the Russian River to arrive to a legendary producer hidden gem, where you will be given a private look at their long-time vineyard practices while sipping on their Burgundian style Chardonnay. Then enjoy their house styled Single Vineyard Pinot Noirs while learning what defines them as unique to the region.
- Lunch can be a hand selected picnic from Sonoma's leading farm to table delicatessen overlooking the river.
- The afternoon will feature a visit with Sonoma's leading winemaker and his vision of Russian River's Terroirs. His expression will be showcased in the Single Vineyard wines Single Vineyard Chardonnay and Pinot Noir that you will be sipping through this educated experience. He will drive you though the vines while showcasing the exclusive wines from this legendary estate.
- Wrapping up your afternoon can be a stop at one of Russian River's oldest wineries that feature a lovely by the glass local wine program so that you can relax and enjoy the scenery of this sleepy town. Their daily selections feature their latest releases and a few library offerings paired with Sonoma’s local cheeses and charcuterie.
- Following this, your chauffeur can return you to your hotel or to enjoy shopping at a Sonoma’s Town Square, which offers a lovely old world feel and small-town charm.
- Dinner reservations can be at one of Sonoma’s classic farm to table Michelin Guide recommended restaurant, where the tables are scarce, and the wine lists are bountiful of Sonoma’s wines and local fare.