Embark on an exciting tour in the Penedes region of Catalunya in Spain. The Region of Penedes is replete with traditional and modern wineries producing some of the best wines in Spain. Long considered one of the country's best wine-producing regions after the Rioja, it is also one of the most ancient viticultural areas in Europe. Perhaps better-known for its cava production (a sparkling wine which has had its own Denominación de Origen since 1991) white grape varieties predominate, although the region also produces some highly regarded, oak-aged reds.
This wine tour is a highly unique touring and tasting experience for those that would like to understand more about what goes into making a premium wine: from the soil and the vine to the barrel and the bottle. The tour involves an indepth understanding of how the soil, climate and wine-making techniques of the region make the wine produced here so unique.
On this tour you will discover the natural heritage, beautiful surroundings and stunning landscape of the Penedes wine region in Catalonia. You will make a short trip to different vineyards and wine estates that have made a special mark for themeselves with their reputed wines. Then you will discover the beautiful Foix Natural Park which hosts an incredible variety of flora and fauna in the region. After this you will learn about farming and vineyard management techniques that result in the best possible fruit. Discussions will include soil types, precipitation, climate, vine spacing and varieties, and the multitude of distinct factors that affect the resulting fruit from each estate. Organic and biodynamic farming, up in the mountains. Finally, you will be a part of a sommelier guided cava and wine tasting experience which will be paired with the fine Extra virgin olive oil from the region along with some snacks.
· Discover the natural heritage and marvelous landscapes of the Penedès region
· Visit different noteworthy vineyards estates
· Admire the spectacular wine country views around the Foix Natural Park
· Learn about the farming and vineyard management techniques used locally as well as undertand the efforts undergone in organic and biodynamic farming and wine-making.
· Take part in a sommelier-guided tasting of 1 cava, 3 wines and Extra Virgin olive oil served with little snacks.