The men of Beychevelle have always ruled their land nobly and have brought glory to the Château. Since its construction in 1565 by Bishop of Foix-Candale -then the reign of the Dukes of Epernon, its rebuilding in 1757 by the Marquis de Brassier, followed by the Achille-Fould family until 1986, the Château has never ceased to amaze, both in terms of its wines and its exceptional environment.
Beychevelle's reputation would not be what it is today without the help of remarkable women, such as Marie-Amelie Kohn, Mesdames Guestier et Heine, Marie-Louise Fould or Lilette who have marked its history, developing its decorative style, its aura of hospitality and its beautiful gardens.
The wines of Beychevelle reflect the elegance and finesse of Saint-Julien's finest terroirs and its new cellar inaugurated during the 2016 harvest aim at sublimating the great terroirs of Château Beychevelle.
Also on Wine Paths: