This entertaining masterclass will be proposed by a teacher of the renowned French hospitality school Ferrandi. He will welcome you together with a staff member of Chateau Giscours. The following program will be proposed.
- Presentation of the history of French gastronomy, the different chefs, customs from different eras in connection with what may have happened at Giscours in the past.
- Evoking the different styles of meals: Banquets, buffet, table service
- Presentation of the different dishes served over the centuries
• A lunch in the chateau's dining room organized with the chateau's chef de cuisine.
• Lunch will also be a time for discussion with all the guests and a good time to put things into practice.
• A presentation and explanation of the use of cutlery and tableware over time.
• An exchange on different kinds of tableware in history, the style of meals, the customs in different countries.
Know how to live, know how to be; the table and its history:
• A presentation in a playful way on “l’Art de vivre et l’Art de l’être” in different occasions of life.
• A role-play on the placement of diners at the table according to the different types of events and occasions.
Get all our exclusive travel inspiration and tour packages straight to your inbox!