Best Wineries & Vineyards in Catalunya, Spain

The wine routes in Catalunya are one of the most visited routes in Spain and provide the unique opportunity to explore cava tastings combined with tours to the iconic vineyards and wineries in the region.

Catalunya- More than just Cava

The most outstanding DO is Cava, Spain´s most famous sparkling wine. Catalonia holds 90% of cava production, in an area comprised between Barcelona and Tarragona. The remaining 10% is shared among other regions.

Catalonian wines tend to be full bodied and high in alcohol, due to the grape varieties and the region’s warm weather ­conditions. But Catalonia’s best wines also feature ­intense minerality derived from vineyards planted on granite, chalk and fractured slate soils.

Penedès is the most important and most dynamic wine region in Catalunya and its most obvious product is sparkling Cava, however the region also produces a wide range of still wines. Tempranillo is the main grape variety as throughout northern Spain. French and German grape varieties and techniques are also dominant.

Of the many wineries, Familia Torres is among the most exemplary with a range of activities on offer from wine tasting to food pairings and astronomy.  

Our local travel expert can assist in booking winery tours and experiences as part of a comprehensive tour program or you can select directly from the below options.

wineries & distilleries suggestions in catalunya

Book a tailor-made package with our local experts

Why book with Wine Paths?